I parked my car in the drive and just sat thinking about what I read and discovered today trying to put the pieces together. According to Pierre Lady Patel was in her room smoking, hence the cigarette on the floor, when someone from the party murdered her then stole the diamond jewellery, but I had a hard time believing this as Lady Patel publicly detested smoking but Lord Patel said she would occasionally smoke when angry or stressed. Another reason I found Pierre's statement hard to believe was the fact all attendees of the party hadn't left the country recently and the evidence suggests the murderer flew into the country a couple weeks ago. Stumped I got out the car and entered my house to meet my wife.
* * *
I was sitting in bed pondering my thoughts until my wife interrupted me and said,
"A news article was released about your case a few minutes ago." I replied,
"Oh really? What did it say?" my wife responded,
"Not much you probably didn't know, the death of that police officer," I lowered my head as I pictured his murder in my head "that detective Pierre's prediction on what happened and that the only thing found at the crime scene was a knife with no prints." surprised I questioned,
"Wait what? Didn't they mention the cigarette or the plane ticket?" in confusion, she said,
"No, why?" in response I tapped the side of my nose and went to bed.
"Wait what? Didn't they mention the cigarette or the plane ticket?" in confusion, she said,
"No, why?" in response I tapped the side of my nose and went to bed.
* * *
I awoke to yet another beautiful day, I heard the birds chirping and the smell of freshly scrambled eggs ignited a flood of hunger within me. After I had breakfast and got ready I left for The Patel's Palace. Beforehand I sent out a message to Pierre, Lord Patel and the police force that I solved the case of both murders and the whereabouts of the diamond jewellery set.
I sat Lord Patel, Pierre and the chief of police down as the room was surrounded by the police force working on this case. I cleared my throat and proudly said, "Pierre's prediction is false." Pierre shouted back both shocked and angry,
"EXCUSEZ-MOI! Je suis top detective..." calmly yet firmly I replied
"Let me finish! As I was saying, I don't believe the cigarette is Lady Patel's as Lady Patel is disgusted by smoking and I know Lord Patel said Lady Patel would smoke when angry or stressed but I'd find that hard to believe." Lord Patel looked taken aback by that comment knowing he was indirectly called a liar "As well as this there may have been prints on the cigarette for Lady Patel but there was only one print; therefore, I think the murderer put her prints on the cigarette obviously not very well. Which means the cigarette belonged to the murderer, which also explains the ashes in the wound." frustrated Pierre said,
"If the cigarette belonged to the murderer why would they purposely leave it at the scene of the crime?" I calmly responded,
"I'll get to that later. The plane ticket showed someone entered the country a couple weeks ago but no guest at the party or the Patel's had left the country; therefore, the murderer had to not have been at the party, and on the topic of party guests all the guests remember seeing a white Mercedes down the road when they left and I can prove this with their interrogations." shocked the chief of police said,
"But my men said no one said anything of importance." passionately I responded,
"Ah! The officer that was unfortunately murdered yesterday had all the interrogations on this piece of paper." I pulled out the piece of paper from my pocket and waved it in the air, Pierre shifted in his seat breaking out in a sweat, "He was bribed for that paper and instead of received the money owed he was killed and I have photographic evidence for this," I passed letting this fact sink in, "he was killed by the same person who killed Lady Patel. But who is this person you ask or people?" everyone in the room stared at me shocked. I carried on "The murderer is Pierre," as everyone turned to Pierre wide-eyed I quickly carried on, "Pierre supposedly came to England as soon as he heard of the murder but even if he left Paris at the time of the murder it would take two hours including flight and the journey here to arrive but Pierre arrived one and a half hours after the murder. The white Mercedes all the people saw when they left the party matches the description of your car but as I said earlier you didn't work alone, your accomplice was Lord Patel. Your deal was you'd split the money you got for everything you stole and hire Pierre as your detective to cover up anything the leads to you two such as the interrogation notes hiding the cigarette and plane ticket which both belonged to you Pierre and I have photos of. As well as this Lord Patel tampered with the crime scene putting Lady Patel's prints on Pierre's cigarette." full of anger Lord Patel shouted,
"VOUS N'AVEZ PAS EVIDENCE!" raising my voice passionately I said,
"Oh, but don't I? As I was leaving this building yesterday I saw Pierre's car which had an open letter on the passenger seat giving the location of the person you sold the jewellery to and how much you'd both make I also have this photographed."
The police force immediately arrested Lord Patel who was furious yelling, "Je veux que mon avocat!" and Pierre who was in tears screaming,
"S'il vous plaît, ayez pitié de moi!" I turned and left to tell my wife what I did all in a day's work.
"If the cigarette belonged to the murderer why would they purposely leave it at the scene of the crime?" I calmly responded,
"I'll get to that later. The plane ticket showed someone entered the country a couple weeks ago but no guest at the party or the Patel's had left the country; therefore, the murderer had to not have been at the party, and on the topic of party guests all the guests remember seeing a white Mercedes down the road when they left and I can prove this with their interrogations." shocked the chief of police said,
"But my men said no one said anything of importance." passionately I responded,
"Ah! The officer that was unfortunately murdered yesterday had all the interrogations on this piece of paper." I pulled out the piece of paper from my pocket and waved it in the air, Pierre shifted in his seat breaking out in a sweat, "He was bribed for that paper and instead of received the money owed he was killed and I have photographic evidence for this," I passed letting this fact sink in, "he was killed by the same person who killed Lady Patel. But who is this person you ask or people?" everyone in the room stared at me shocked. I carried on "The murderer is Pierre," as everyone turned to Pierre wide-eyed I quickly carried on, "Pierre supposedly came to England as soon as he heard of the murder but even if he left Paris at the time of the murder it would take two hours including flight and the journey here to arrive but Pierre arrived one and a half hours after the murder. The white Mercedes all the people saw when they left the party matches the description of your car but as I said earlier you didn't work alone, your accomplice was Lord Patel. Your deal was you'd split the money you got for everything you stole and hire Pierre as your detective to cover up anything the leads to you two such as the interrogation notes hiding the cigarette and plane ticket which both belonged to you Pierre and I have photos of. As well as this Lord Patel tampered with the crime scene putting Lady Patel's prints on Pierre's cigarette." full of anger Lord Patel shouted,
"VOUS N'AVEZ PAS EVIDENCE!" raising my voice passionately I said,
"Oh, but don't I? As I was leaving this building yesterday I saw Pierre's car which had an open letter on the passenger seat giving the location of the person you sold the jewellery to and how much you'd both make I also have this photographed."
The police force immediately arrested Lord Patel who was furious yelling, "Je veux que mon avocat!" and Pierre who was in tears screaming,
"S'il vous plaît, ayez pitié de moi!" I turned and left to tell my wife what I did all in a day's work.
No comments:
Post a Comment